Discipline is a virtue

One of the things I struggle a lot with is Discipline.  I want to get better at what I am doing, but get distracted by learning how to get better at what I should be doing, thus not doing anything.

This is quite a problem when you're trying to finish up a project and are faced with pending deadlines.  I suspect that the perfectionist in me keeps me from completing something until I have exhausted all research on ways to effectively perform a desired task.  As some may already know, this takes up a lot of time, and the fastastic and ever-entertaining internet does not help me balance this equation.

I have also noticed that I am constantly being distracted and that my mind roams in the social cloud, dreaming of possible products and possibilites but seldomly detailing the requirements for such projects.  I keep saying to myself that I need to focus on the task at hand, but before I notice, I'm wandering off finding something shiny to look at.

I am afraid of myself sometimes, since my behavior doesn't help me advance towards the goals I have set forth for myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Failing

I am going to write daily