Accidents happen...

Accidents, car accidents in particular, are very common. But unless you're in it, you really don't care or become affected by them.

Today, on my way home from work, I was about half-a-mile from my front door, and out of nowhere a car runs in front of me at the intersection and although I slam on the brakes I hit the car.

I was going north on Custer Road, and the other car was going east on El Dorado Road, but the light was green for me, as 5 or 6 other cars in front of me had already gone through the intersection, so of course I'm unsuspecting of any person at this point thinking of running the red light.

It was around 6:30pm CST, and by then it was already dark, since we just switched DST, so the street lights are pretty easy to see and to notice what color they are. So what the heck happened?

After the impact, I scream in frustration, look around and try to turn my car off, but it is already off, but I am unable to pull the key out.

I finally get out of the car, and several people have stopped to render aid in case someone was hurt, because of course, at least 20 people saw the wreck. There were cars in every direction of the intersection. North to south, south to north, east to west, and west to east. Everyone saw how this '98 Dodge Neon ran the red light and got in front of my car and got hit.

Lucky for me, I was ok, airbags didn't deploy (I guess the car didn't feel like I would need the cushioning/shock).

I was asked if I was OK by several people, and I take a look at my car... the first 6 inches of the front busted, but it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

The other car? It wasn't going to drive away. The rear right wheel was bent in, since I hit the car right on the edge of the rear right door. The car spun away from mine onto the median, stopping immediately.

I was thinking to myself: OK WHAT DO I NEED TO DO? WHERE'S MY PHONE? CAMERA? PAPER + PEN?

I was pretty much disoriented for a little bit. I did hit my head after all, and here it is 11:46 pm and I still have a headache after taking 2 tylenols.

So to make a long story shorter, I hit a car that ran the red light, thus it was not my fault (and yes, someone was nice enough to give me his information so he could testify that I had the green light), and my car was drivable, after all I was only 3 minutes away from my house.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Failing

I am going to write daily

The Apple Effect